My Yoga Journey - Yoga on the Fly - Denver




Over the last 20 years I have practiced or taught yoga.  It was never my sole focus but a piece of my fitness program.  I have decided to change that - I am embarking on a full time Yoga Journey.  In May I will begin my 500 hour yoga teacher certification.  My current plan is to explore different studios and yoga experiences.  I am going to document my path on my blog.  

One of the unique places I that I have had a chance to practice is in the Denver Airport.  
Yoga on the Fly is located in Terminal A.  


After selecting my sessions (I did 20 minutes of Vinyasa, 11 minutes of Standing Postures, and 10 minutes of Energy Balancing Meditation).  I was lead to a private mini studio.  The programs were great, the instruction was perfect for a beginner- non yogi.  The sessions use a Gridded Mat for posture placement.  The space was warm and inviting.  The sessions I choose were not hard, but did allow me to feel open and calm, never easy to do in an airport.  


They even had everything you needed to clean up after your session.  It is my understanding that they are located in other airports and I will be actively looking for them.  It was also shared that the Denver Location is closing- which in my mind was a major bummer.  The cost was a little high, about a dollar a minute, however, given how I travel and the need to be at the airport early, it was a great way to get in my daily dose of yoga even though I was traveling.

Stay tuned for more of my journey. . . .






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrate Earth Day with Some Meditation

COVID 19 & PA- How and Why to Stay Active, NOW!!!

St. Croix, USVI - FAQ's