Bucket List Adventure – 2 Months in our NoBo or The Travels of the Gypsy Soul


I have always wanted to grab an RV and see the continental US. Over my years on this planet, I have been blessed to travel to many countries and explore a large portion of the Eastern US. However, there has always been a pull to travel and see the world from an RV. There is something exciting about stopping where we want and checking out every big ball of twine, reconnecting with friends, and exploring my own country's history.

I find that life regularly repeats itself. Almost eight years ago, we headed off on a similar adventure. We had our Park Hills, KY home on the market, and we were heading to FL to purchase a house and start our adventure south. That trip consisted of 6 weeks in FL, seeing family, house hunting, and exploring. I learned so much from that experience that it seems fitting to use that same methodology with this experience.

A week ago, we sold our FMB Beach House and took off for two months in our trailer. For Megan, that trip started on May 18th and May 20th for me. (I ducked into the Ashram for a quick visit and watched Victoria graduate with her 200hr training. - Proud Mama for sure!)

The goal of this summer is detox. Over the last few years, the world has been crazy for many of us, myself included. As a result, I have shifted careers, grown businesses, made great decisions, and made some bad ones.

So, instead of my usual type-A, make-a-plan for everything summer, I am taking a different approach this time. I have no plan. It is uncomfortable and weird, but that is my goal my sankulpa. Slowly, I will add back to the things that I THINK I want to have in my life. If things feel inauthentic, then I will let them go.

While I don't have a plan, I do have a structure. Daily, I will make time and space for my meditation and yoga practice. I want to explore local yoga studios and focus on my personal practice. Don't Fret; I will still be teaching my online classes – check out our website for a complete listing.

For the last eight years, the Florida Keys have been our playground, and it seems fitting that we are starting our further exploration of the world with a trip to a comfortable old spot.


So, Stop One on our adventure – John Pennekamp State Park. We have stayed at this park before and enjoyed it. The FL State Park System is fantastic. Did you know the FL Keys are home to a National Marine Sanctuary & the world's 3rd largest barrier reef? Like many reef systems it is fragile and shows the damage done by pollution, over fishing, and poor tourism practices. There are a lot of great organizations working to keep our Keys healthy, if you need recommendations, hit me up.

In the meantime, enjoy the start to your summer & stay tuned for our next stop along this adventure.

Renee


Follow my blog to stay up to date on our adventures in the Gypsy Soul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrate Earth Day with Some Meditation

COVID 19 & PA- How and Why to Stay Active, NOW!!!

St. Croix, USVI - FAQ's