Thanksgiving 2017 or as I like to say Open Water Dive 2 & 3

Day 2 - Dive 2 and 3

Thanksgiving Day- boy am I thankful for this opportunity.  Megan and I get a lot of - God, we love your life.  It is not perfect and we have problems, like everyone else, but as I was writing this post this blog spoke to why we do some of what we do.  Check it out if you are looking to add some adventure to your life.  Adventure forces us OUTSIDE our comfort zone.

Troy-2017
We doubled up on my open water dives on Thanksgiving Day to give us more opportunities to explore Curacao as a larger group.  So Dive #2 - was the result of Troy.  He is the EXACT opposite of Sameer.  Troy is a joker and you should not believe half of what he says (sorry Troy).  He is, however, an incredible diver/instructor.  He gave me most of my written tests, and helped me to understand how to you manual dive tables.  This was something that did not come easy to me. 

Hovering - or as Troy Calls it- Making Pancakes- 2017











Side note- If you know me, you know that I love technology but don't always trust it.  When we sail, we use electronic navigation and I paper chart our course.  So, even though I will be diving with a great dive computer (thank you Megan), I will be pre-planning and checking on paper.  Trust me. 

So it was off to work on some skills.  The hardest being hovering.  The dive sign looks a little like you are mixing a bowl of batter so Troy calls it Making Pancakes.

Troy finds us a buried Crab in the Sand-2017

Beautiful Coral - 2017


Tired Diver isn't Tired if she Takes a Picture-lol - 2017
After a great time in the water we had a great (light) lunch, and then back into the water for Dive 3 with Sameer.  As I have said before, being able to do this with Megan helped us to work through how we would work together underwater.  Little did I know I would have to tow her 40 yards by her tank, and 40 yards pushing her (tired diver) and YES she took a picture.  Thanks Babe.
Sameer and a Spotted Eel-2017

Then back off to open water.  Sameer sees everything and was very encouraging for me to come closer.  Let's be honest - NO!.  I saw things, but from a distance.  Megan, however, loved to get close. 


If you really want to know what the three of us looked like under the water?  Sameer lead.  I followed and Megan brought up the rear.  (Yes I felt safe.)  When we saw something like this spotted eel.  It was Sameer at the bottom, then Megan, and I kept a good 10 feet between me and them.  (In the same water column.)

We hung out around 40 feet and I started to see things.  Dive 3 was the first one that I was not nervous before I got into the water.  I actually ENJOYED the experience.  But I am not going to lie- I was tired at the end of the day.  It was a Happy Thanksgiving for sure!


Up next, I am no responsible for ME, safety stops, and 60 feet.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrate Earth Day with Some Meditation

COVID 19 & PA- How and Why to Stay Active, NOW!!!

St. Croix, USVI - FAQ's