Throw Back Thursday - Why I became a Coach

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

As I have shared, I have been working in the health and fitness industry for the last 19+ years. I have done it all, and LOVED it all.

* Group Fitness
* Personal Training
* Wrote a Book
* Lecture Circuit
* Consulting
* the list goes on and on and on. . .

But in 2009, I went back for my Doctorate and in 2014, I got it! Now I teach people to become group fitness instructors, personal trainers, exercise physiologists, and physical therapists. I do love parts of my job, but I miss working with people one-on-one to achieve their goals. I also miss being the fit me, who taught yoga 3 days a week, or swam everyday in the pool. My desk job has gotten in the way of ME. That is when Lauren Baker (a former student believe it or not), shared Beachbody with me. I had been following her online, and I loved her motivation and consistency. Consistency is the key, but dang is it hard to implement. I also love the online platform. Let's be real, if you follow me at all, I am NEVER in one place.

I love what I am seeing being a Beachbody Coach, I am down 20lbs and all my clothes fit again - even the skinny jeans. I have never done Insanity, or P90X, and probably never will. However, Beachbody is so much more than that. It is the nutrition, it is the support, and it is the motivation, it is Yoga, it is PiYo . . . .

It is getting a message from a Challenger that says "I just watched a video clip by Dr. Christianne Northrup, who said that "health is contagious" and that when you share healthy lifestyle changes, you affect people 4 degrees of separation! SO...congrats on creating healthy communities!!"

That is why I am a Beachbody Coach, that is why I am using social media to create more healthy communities. With all the negative in the world, this is my, small, way of making it positive!
So on this Throw Back Thursday I share a picture of where I was, and where I would like to be again. I also share a picture of where I am, so I am not done. Follow me if you want to see the transformation, or if you want to come along for the ride. It will be nothing if not an ADVENTURE!

Till Next Time!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrate Earth Day with Some Meditation

COVID 19 & PA- How and Why to Stay Active, NOW!!!

Health & Fitness Evolution or Transformation- Imperfect Progress and Failing Forward