Ultimate Reset- Reasons & Results


So I did the 21 Day Reset, I have done it once before.  Here is my lessons learned, successes, and failures.

Last Time:  I was Militant!  I did every meal and had a panic attack if I missed one, or was late.  In short, I made myself crazy!  I lost 10lbs and felt good, but stressed out.

This Time:  I had a different mindset this time.  There are certain meals on the plan I LOVE.  I ate a lot of them!  This made my meal prep and planning easier, e.g. less stress.

I also wasn't perfect!  I tried, and I pushed myself, but I didn't beat myself up when we went out for our Anniversary.

Last Time:   I didn't exercise at all.  This time I did yoga daily, skied, and started running the last week.  It meant that sometimes, I needed more food.  I stuck to the plan, but not always the portions.  Exercise helps me manage stress, helps me sleep through the night, and generally makes me a better me.  I wasn't going to give it up.  But I did shift my focus.

This Time:  I did yoga daily and I have gained so much from that experience of reconnecting with my Mat!  Expect more on that in the future!

My focus was also different.  Instead of focusing on being perfect, I focused on the "spirit" of the cleanse.

Week 1:  Reclaim- my diet and my focus.
Week 2:  Release - toxins and negative emotions and activities.
Week 3:  Restore- Restore to the life that I want to create AFTER the Cleanse.

The goal of a cleanse is not only to be kind to our body and allow it a break from processed foods, but to also free ourselves from negative actions and thoughts.

I am glad that I did the Ultimate Reset as the start to my 2017, I will probably do it again in 6 months.  In the mean time I have refocused on my 10K goal and super excited to get back to my PiYo!  If you want to know weight results, message me and I will share with you- but I am not putting it out in the universe via my blog because that is not what I got from this experience, I got so much more!!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrate Earth Day with Some Meditation

COVID 19 & PA- How and Why to Stay Active, NOW!!!

Health & Fitness Evolution or Transformation- Imperfect Progress and Failing Forward