Success? or Failure? or Opportunity? Results from my 3 Day Refresh



So I decided to do another 3 Day Refresh.  (http://www.teambeachbody.com/cleanse-program/3-day-refresh-diet)  I had done it before.  It is not easy, but it provide results.  I tend to avoid restrictive programs but they serve a purpose.

CONS:

  • The research shows that restrictive diets don't produce lasting results.
  • For me, restrictive diets trigger my control issues.  These can be good or bad but not habits/feelings that I like to promote.
PROS:
  • Restriction for a short time can really highlight your weaknesses.
  • The research shows that cycling your diet and exercise can help to keep weight loss moving forward.

So I start the Refresh on Saturday.  I did well, I had pre-planned, I had a plan.  Well you know what they say about plans . . . .  



Looking back on it, I probably should not have started a Refresh this weekend.  I have a lot going on, it is the end of the semester for both me and the kids (e.g. high stress).  I have been traveling a lot, and I am just tired.  It is the end of the month.  All of this is harder when you are PMSing.  At least it is for me.

Day 1 - Great, until right before bed.  Life had worn me down, I started snacking and I didn't stop.  What was going to be a one bit became an entire candy bar - not on the refresh:).

Day 2 - So what to do?  Do I skip it and quit everything?  Do I keep going?  I decided to keep going.  Again, morning was great- I prepped for the week.  

But again, stress, anxiety, life got in the way.  The night did not end up great.




Day 3 - I am back at it and it is going great.  I will let you know how it goes.

So why am I sharing?  Because I think people think that if they "fail" you have to give up.  That is not life and it doesn't have to work that way for health and fitness.  If you don't follow something perfectly you may not have optimal results, but you can learn something.

What did I learn:
  • Don't start a 3 Day Refresh before you start-lol
  • Pick the right time for major change.  You can't use this as an excuse not to try, but if you are expecting perfection in your effort, make sure you can dedicate the time and effort to make that work.
  • My sweet tooth is in overdrive.  So I am looking for food other than candy bars to address that (Expect more chocolate Shakeology Recipes in my future:)) 
  • I do better when I have a partner in crime.  So next time I do a 3 Day Refresh I will find a friend.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrate Earth Day with Some Meditation

COVID 19 & PA- How and Why to Stay Active, NOW!!!

St. Croix, USVI - FAQ's