Love the Results - Hate the Work??


So I am going to share my thoughts on #21DFX.

Why?  Because this may help someone else, and that is part of my motivation for doing this.

I, like many people, have a hard time making time for myself.    I am not saying this is a good thing, it tends to cause more problems than is solves.  I do, do, do.  I can't say no.  I push, push, push.  Then I snap, snap, snap.    Why?  because I am exhausted and I haven't practiced any self care.  So the last year, I have tried to stop doing just that.  (I have tried, it is by no means perfect.)  As the first step, I started exercising again.

I like how I feel when I exercise.
I like how I feel mentally, it helps that I also like how I look better:)
It is also a piece of myself that I had lost since finishing my PhD.

A couple of months later, I started coaching.  Now here is the double edge sword.  I LOVE working with my challengers.  It makes me feel good, I love helping them succeed.  But, I am also using them.  Here is the common conversation in my head.

Me:  "I don't want to work out."  (I am too tired, I feel defeated, it was a bad day.)
Coach:  "But all your challengers are watching you, they are looking to you to help them."
Me:  "Ok, I will do it for them" - Yep, not for myself, but for my challengers.

Is this bad?  Maybe, is it working for me.  I am down 40lbs, 2-3 pants sizes, and I am feeling great.
So, why this topic?  Because, I did 21Day Fix Extreme - for other people.  Not one person, but a whole group of people that I thought this program would help.   This isn't the workout I like, I dreaded it 4 out of 7 days per week (3 week program).  (I like Pilates, Yoga, and Dirty 30 really wasn't bad.)  

But I did it and at the end - here is the moral of the story - I am glad I did.  I pushed myself and it feels great to conquer things.

I could have stopped at anytime and started a new program.  I could have gone back to running and yoga- I like those.  But I kept pushing.

I have seen some great strength results due to this program.  It helped me tone my midsection in a way I wanted, but wasn't seeing.  I also realized, it doesn't matter why/how it is getting done, but that it is getting done - cuz I get my results.

Soo, I am trying Shaun T's new workout program the week of June 12th.  Honestly, his programs scare me.  I am a little anxious about doing it.  But, I am going to do it anyway.  To push myself outside of my comfort zone and to push my results.  In the meantime, I am going to start training for a 1/2 Marathon and doing yoga - everyday because I LOVE it.

So my challenge to you is two fold-

1.  Do something you don't necessarily want to do- and finish it.  Not everything is about what is easy or your natural inclination - push yourself.

2.  Find a reason, any reason, to do something for yourself, and do it.  Justify it in any way you want/can.  You deserve it.

Guess what, I deserve it too.

#21DFX Results:

2lbs
Much Flatter Belly
Stronger Upper Body
Overall increase in body tone.
Wicked Increase in Body Confidence.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrate Earth Day with Some Meditation

COVID 19 & PA- How and Why to Stay Active, NOW!!!

St. Croix, USVI - FAQ's