Rule 2 - Travel Light and with a Uniform!!!

Warmer Weather Travel Uniform
So, I have friends who fly for airlines and who also travel, a lot!!!  Here is the consistent message.  Travel light and with a Uniform.  I am not talking about something stogdy, but something that you know goes well together and that you can mix and match.

Uniform for Travel - I always want to be comfortable when I travel, however, PJ's on a plane are not my Jam.  The picture to the right is a go to for the warmer trips or seasons.  All are cotton and breathable.  Leggings, shoes that come off easily if you are not TSA Pre Check, Lilly Pulitzer 3 quarter sleeve top, and a wrap.  Tip - Planes, airports, and hotels are notoriously not temperature consistant, layers allow you to adjust and stay comfortable.

TIP- I always travel with my water bottle.  When we travel internationally, I travel with one with a built in filter (thank you Britta).

I choose outfits that require no belt or pockets to travel, it prevents slowdowns through screening.
How many outfits can you make?

Uniforms, mix and match,  Guess how many outfits I can make out of the picture to the left?

Most of my outfits do double duty, I can dress up or down.  Capris jeans, flats, a collared shirt and a colorful wrap- nice way to dress up a look.  Same jeans, sandals and a white t-shirt, a great way to see the city.  TIP- Make sure your shoes are comfortable, you always walk more on vacation than you do at home.

TIP - when you jump from city to city, no one will see your outfit so repeating them is perfectly fine.

If you are thinking, this is great Renee but I can never do this.  We have found this to be a process, at the end of each trip, we note what was not worn, it helps us to pack better in the future.  For example, on this trip I threw in a swimsuit, I didn't have time to use it, but I always pack one.  Maybe it is a Florida Girl thing.  

Comfort, our travel kit always stays stocked and includes the following things:
  • Starbucks To Go (I will show you, stay tuned)
  • Advil, Pepto, and Claritin
  • Travel packet of Tide
  • We have travel toothbrush, toothpaste, q-tips, etc that never leaves our bags and are replaced after each trip.
I almost always travel in similar outfits.  It cuts down on the pre-travel stress, I love them and know they work, and it feeds my minimalistic spirit.  I would love to hear you travel tips and tricks!  Comment below.  Till next time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrate Earth Day with Some Meditation

COVID 19 & PA- How and Why to Stay Active, NOW!!!

St. Croix, USVI - FAQ's