Hatha Yoga - Ashram Day 3

So today is day 3 at the Ashram and it has been a great experience so far.
The people are wonderful and from all over the world and the U.S.
Fun Facts for me so far:
  • I haven’t worn shoes since I got here, other than for Karma Yoga.
  • We don’t wear them indoors and there are pathways elsewhere. T
  • he ashram is minimalistic (think tiny house village) where you only use the necessities.
  • They compost, grow their own food, and conserve water. My conservation hear is alive.
  • I have only eaten vegan. Although the granola bar I had as a snack may not totally count but no meat- lol
My biggest learning so far is that after 20 years of practice I know so little. So here is the first piece of aha knowledge I want to share with you.
Background: There are 8 limbs to yoga. We will get to them all. But Hatha Yoga the one we all practice is the Physical Practice – the Asanas. But Hatha Yoga means more than just the physical practice it has its own subdivisions. It includes:
  • the physical practice,
  • breathwork ,
  • right nutrition,
  • adequate rest , AND
  • a positive Mind
Wow- imagine if that was the only piece of yoga we practiced regularly.
If you have a regular yoga practice which piece of this component are your missing. And How can you add it back in this week?
P.S. Karma Yoga is the yoga of action- at the ashram, this looks like service to the ashram. My first karma yoga session was planning turmeric.
Stay tuned for more, Om Shanti 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrate Earth Day with Some Meditation

COVID 19 & PA- How and Why to Stay Active, NOW!!!

St. Croix, USVI - FAQ's