Thoughts on Entering an Ashram


I am entering a 2-week program at the Yogi Hari's Ashram. This has been something that I have wanted to do for years.

I am grateful for the opportunity to take this time and focus on me and my spiritual health/growth. This has been a year of change for me, some good, some bad.

An Ashram is a place to study the physical and spiritual aspects of yoga. Daily, I will be providing serva (service) back to the Ashram.

I am nervous and excited all in the same breath.

Here is my daily schedule:

5:30 am - Wake up
6:00 am - Meditation, Nada Yoga, Lecture
8:00 am - Asanas, Pranayama
10:00 am - Brunch
11:00 am - Karma Yoga
12:00 pm - Personal Studies
2:00 pm - Main Lecture
4:00 pm - Asanas, Pranayama
6:00 pm - Dinner
7:30 pm - Meditation, Nada Yoga, Lecture

I will be sharing my adventures on my blog as I progress through my training. I am hoping to come out on the other side a stronger, more centered, me. I know that at a minimum this experience will change my perspective.

There are many benefits to travel and I am excited about this one.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrate Earth Day with Some Meditation

COVID 19 & PA- How and Why to Stay Active, NOW!!!

St. Croix, USVI - FAQ's