Finding Silver linings - Underwater?- A project 4+ years in the making.

BVI 2016 - Helm of Bear
As kids, we believe that when we become adults, that we will get to do anything we want.  As adults, we realize that life was so much easier when we were kids.  As kids our "responsibilities and commitments" were so much less stressful.  Like so many people, life has not always gone as planned.  I have found myself in a many situations I would rather not . . "get through/survive".  But as adults, we put on our big girl panties and push on.  This fall has presented a lot of challenges, from personal, to professional, to environmental (Irma was no joke when it came to disruption and we were mostly spared).  I found myself more impacted by them than usual and in a bit of a funk.  

The "icing on the cake" to this challenging fall was that our annual BVI sailing trip was canceled.  I look forward to this trip each year.  For me, it is the one time a year, I am guaranteed to do the thing I love most in the world and I get to put my needs before those of others.  I adore being on the water and as many know that is our retirement plan.  Buy a boat and sail the world.  So . . . in an effort to stay positive (many have it far worse), in an effort to make lemonade out of what feels like a time of lemons, I am finally getting Scuba Certified.

So this Thanksgiving off to Curacao we go.  I plan to document this process in an effort to focus on the positive and not negative of my/our world.  I am sure there will be funny adventures and experiences along the way so please feel free to share a laugh with me or at my expence (keep in mind when I started the process of being certified, I often found myself upside down instead of right side up in the water.  Buoyancy, for me, is/was an issue😜).


First Discover Scuba Class 2013
Thank you to the local dive shop for making this a reality.  Up next, WHY did it take 4 years to reach this point.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrate Earth Day with Some Meditation

COVID 19 & PA- How and Why to Stay Active, NOW!!!

Health & Fitness Evolution or Transformation- Imperfect Progress and Failing Forward