Gratitude and my Own, Personal, Type of Crazy

 On April 28th, I will be running The Canaan Valley 1/2 Marathon. Today, I finished my first long run, 8.1 miles.  

The Crazy

I live on the Beach in Florida. My house is, legally, 5ft above sea water, Canaan Valley is 3,100ft above sea water. I am, also, 48 years old, haven't run more than a 10k in over 20 years, and my life of late has been anything but smooth. The smart, not crazy, person, decides to sign up for a 1/2 Marathon at elevation, with 2.5 months to train. My justification: we have to close down the ski house, we get to spend time, and say goodbye for the summer to our ski family.  Totally sane, and not even a little bit crazy.

The Gratitude

My life has been a little topsy-turvy as of late. I have been focusing on Gratitude as a means
to focus on the positive. First, for the ability to run a 1/2 marathon. Not everyone has that ability to run a 1/2 marathon. Even though it will probably take me as long to run this 1/2 Marathon as it did to run my fastest full marathon 20 years ago, my first run long run was good, and I am confident I can complete the race. Second, the support to train. Megan and I had a project today that will end up taking almost 5 hours total. She did it alone, so I could run and recover. Third, for the therapy of running, 2.5 hours to run is a lot of time to sort through things.  Stay Tuned for Race Day and hope to see you all on the Mat.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrate Earth Day with Some Meditation

COVID 19 & PA- How and Why to Stay Active, NOW!!!

Health & Fitness Evolution or Transformation- Imperfect Progress and Failing Forward